Atec Pharmatechnik GmbH
Located in Sörup, Germany, Atec Pharmatechnik GmbH specializes in the construction of equipment for use in sterile manufacturing. The site accommodates two main production halls that include specialized workshops for metalwork, grinding and polishing, electrical work, manufacture of vessels, stopper processors, and cleanroom lifts, plus a storage area for completed equipment.
A separate start-up and commissioning area with clean utilities enables factory acceptance tests on completed equipment, and an on-site laboratory allows for analysis and testing to confirm process compliance with quality standards for temperature mapping, particle reduction and residual moisture tests.
Boasting a team of experts in sales, engineering, design, manufacturing, automation and qualification, Atec Pharmatechnik GmbH provides its customers with full-service project support.
- Atec Pharmatechnik GmbH was founded in 1996 by four business partners. Initially, the production facility consisted of a few rented rooms in Harrislee. The company expanded, and the current production facility in Sörup was built in 2001.
- In 2004, Atec Pharmatechnik GmbH acquired Steritec, working in close cooperation with the Steritec sales division. With this acquisition, Atec acquired the SMEJA patents for stopper processing and stopper transfer, as well as personnel familiar with the SMEJA equipment.
- Today, Atec Steritec (renamed in 2006) exists as a subsidiary of Atec Pharmatechnik GmbH and is responsible for sales.
- In 2013 Atec USA was established to provide US customers support for spares parts and service.
- In 2015 Atec Japan was established to coordinate sales and service in Japan.
- An expansion of current production facility in Sörup is currently underway and will include an additional warehouse.